Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments fail to load

Eric Van Steenbergen November 6, 2022

Hi,

I have a ticket with 209 attachments and I think that's causing issues.
None of the attachment will load, all show the message Failed to load.

I have no way to getting the images to be previewed, nor can they be downloaded by a customer.

Is this a know issue? Did I break my installation :-).

Kind regards,

Eric Van Steenbergen

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2022

Hi @Eric Van Steenbergen 

Welcome to the community!

Yes, this is expected behaviour and there’s an open ticket (JRACLOUD-74515) that you can watch/vote and provide feedback on

Source: New issue view fails to load attachments when there are more than 120 attachments

Given the level of interest in this ticket we’ve researched and assessed supporting more than 120 attachments in the new issue view.

Decision

Based off our research, we won’t be supporting more than 120 attachments for now

Reasoning

We assessed different use-cases for having more than 120 attachments and decided to keep this limit because

• Having more than 120 attachments contributes to slower performance, larger amount of bugs and decreases the usability of Jira. Our team’s focus is primarily on making Jira easier and efficient to use, and supporting this feature detracts from this goal.
  • Upgrading our service to support more than 120 attachments poses a security risk for our customers. At Atlassian, security is one of our companies highest priorities for our customers and we wouldn’t want to jeopardise our customers' security.

Hope that sheds some light on the issue you’re facing.

Best regards,

Hamza

Eric Van Steenbergen November 7, 2022

Thank you @Hamza Chundrigar ! I wasn't aware of that limit.

Kind regards,

Eric.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events