Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment not shown when cloned from JIRA Service Management to JIRA Software

Cheng Peng November 9, 2021

For tickets cloned from JIRA service management to JIRA software, attachment are not shown, only a failed to load icon is displayed below.  Comments from JIRA service management are not copied over either.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 18.10.53.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julien Peyrade _ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 12, 2021

Hello @Cheng Peng 

I just tested and it seems to work for me, even when copying from Jira Service Management to Jira Software. Did you enable the option "Copy attachments" when you created the issue?

screenshot-jpe-cloud.atlassian.net-2021.11.12-09_46_42.png

However, I don't think it's possible to copy comments this way.

If you don't mind using a other add-on, there are several that might help you do that.

I'm the Product Manager of Elements Copy & Sync, which will let you copy attachments and comments from any issue in any type of project.

In addition, you will be able to synchronise the issues if you want to, meaning that if another attachment (or comment) is added to your Jira Service Management issue after the copy has been created in the Jira Software issue, this new attachment (or comment) will be automatically created in the copied issue as well.

I will be happy to anwser if you have any additional question.

Kind regards,

Julien

0 votes
Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2021

Hi @Cheng Peng 

First, help us understand, how do you copy them? Screenshots/comments will help alot.

Cheng Peng November 11, 2021

Thanks.

I follow the steps below

1. click link issues in JIRA service management ticket

2. click create linked issueScreenshot 2021-11-11 at 11.23.06.png

3. create a linked issue in another JIRA software project

4. go into the new JIRA software project ticket, and noticed no attachment are shown

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events