Associate a project in Jira Software created with Jira Services Management

Javier Salazar September 8, 2022

Good morning, I'm testing the Jira Services Management service.

However, I can't find the option to associate this service with an already created project, the system wants me to create a new one, but I need it to be associated with an already created service.

1 comment

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Javier Salazar -

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately, you cannot switch an existing Jira Software project to a Jira Service Management project.  Jira Services Management is not a "service", but it is an actual application that sits on top of Jira Software base.

Those are two different applications provided by Atlassian.  

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Javier Salazar September 9, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin without using Jira Services... there is no way to activate the creation of tickets by email?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Javier Salazar -

Is this a different ask?  Are you asking if there is a way in Cloud where one can send email to trigger issue creation via email for Jira Software project?

Best, Joseph

Javier Salazar September 9, 2022

yes, it's a question

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

@Javier Salazar -

Ok.  Here is a link on how to set it up in the Cloud env for Jira Software application - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

Keep in mind that for Jira Software application, reporter of the issue in project must be licensed.  Where in JSM, customers are free and only Agents (who will be handling issues) will need to be licensed with JSM.

Hope this helps.  If it does, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Javier Salazar September 23, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin 

I still cannot resolve my doubt, I have many projects created in Jira Software, but I want to use the ticket creation service by email, but that these tickets can be linked with the tickets created in the Jira Software projects.

Is it possible or definitely not possible?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

@Javier Salazar -

Linking issues between JSM and Jira Software projects can definitely be done either manually or via automation/customization setup.  However, access to JSM/JSW projects are controlled by product licensing.

Lastly, I am not clear on what you meant by "resolve my doubt"?

Best, Joseph

Javier Salazar September 23, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin thanks for your answer, there is a documentation about this? "Linking issues between JSM and Jira Software projects can definitely be done either manually or via automation/customization setup"

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

@Javier Salazar -

Here is the link on how to link issues in JSM/JSW - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/link-an-issue/

Here is another link on integration between JSM/JSW - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/product-guide/tips-and-tricks/jira-service-management-and-jira-software

NOTE - For generating links between JSM and Jira Software projects, one will need to have access to both projects to establish the links.

Best, Joseph

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events