cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning tickets based on on-call calendar

Stacey Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2022

Is there a way to assign jira tickets for each project based on an on-call calendar?  So if we receive ticket in to project X it then looks up on the on-call calendar to see who the on-duty resource is for project X is today and then assigns the ticket to them.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Stacey Adams welcome to the Atlassian Community.

This feature doesn't exist out-of-the-box and I don't know of any app that can meet this requirement, unless you would integrate Opsgenie to handle these 'Alerts'.

If there's only 1 on-duty resource for a specific day for project X, then this person can handle all unassigned issues from the queue, no?

Stacey Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2022

No but they would reassign to other resources.  We mainly want to move the tickets along to assigned status as quickly as possible rather than letting them sit until someone checks the queue.

Like JM likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events