Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning roles to customers in service management

Imad Alabed November 15, 2021

Hi There, 

I would like to assign a role to customers in service management.  For instance, some customers might be assigned a role of "Patients" and others customers "Clinicians", etc. 

I am interested in assigning roles so that I can tailor the content that a customers sees.  For instance, I might show certain knowledge base articles that are only viewable to "clinicians" to customers with this role.    A tagging mechanism could also work if I'm able to connect this content as well.  Is this possible or do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this? 

Thanks,

Imad

1 answer

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

Hi @Imad Alabed,

JSM has a mechanism for tagging content in the knowledge base, but that links to the request types (or forms) in your service desk instead of users.

To apply your example, in Confluence you would add labels to your articles: patients or clinicians. Then, in the project settings / knowledge base, you can link those labels to allow suggestions for specific request forms, like in this example (systems):

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 09.41.28.png

Obviously, for this approach to work you would need to set up your request type forms in line with this approach. If a request type is shared across patients and clinicians, you should not include the labels to ensure all articles are found when searching.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events