Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigne Groups

Karim Mohamed March 27, 2023

Hi, 

What is the best practice to assign a ticket to a group ? 

I'd like for this group to take into consideration the concept of Manager, Help Desk Agents in the group responsible for those tickets. I'd like to be able to report on those groups and drill down to the assignee of the ticket (SLA Met vs Breach for example). Lastly, those groups should be easily maintenable when onboarding or offboarding an agent. 

Thank you 

2 answers

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Karim Mohamed 

Welcome to the Community!

Our company's clients often ask for the possibility of receiving SLA reports for different groups (teams) that can work on the same ticket. Ultimately, we found a suitable solution using custom fields and SLA Time and Report for Jira app.

Look at the article "SLA configurations for different Time zones with Custom Fields in Jira Cloud". This option may suit your case.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The best practice is "don't".

Jira does not have group assignee functions because it's a bad practice - the assignee should be the single person currently responsible for getting an issue done.

There is no harm, of course, in having a field for "the group that you talk to if the assignee is not around" and reporting off that.  People doing that will tend to insist that the assignee is usually a group member.

In Service-desk, you can usually draw an analogy of team = people working on a queue, and in other Jira applications, team = board.

I would look to automate the setting of a group custom-field and limit assignees to the selected group.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events