Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign organization to specific portal

Hannes January 21, 2020

Hi everybody,

just to verify: We have two Organizations here and we want to have specific portals for each organization. My understanding is:

- I need two projects, one per Organization

- Each project has a branded portal

- Users in Organization A can only access 'their' portal and vice versa

-> In my use case there will be only one Organization in each project and all customers (per project) are part of it.

Is this correct so far?

And a question: It can happen that we have to remove a person from the organization (the person should not be possible to raise requests). This person will be listed in the customers list.

-> How can I ensure that only customers in the organization can raise requests?

Thanks everybody!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Hannes 

1. Is it your intention to keep the two organizations separate and if so why? Is it because you want specific request types for each? (If so then yes you need two Jira Service Desk Projects)? 
  2. Each project can be branded = yes (if this is what you want).
  3. Users in Org A can only access 'their' portal and vice versa = YES if there is no user overlap (meaning you don't have the same user in both Org A and Org B. If you did, then that user could see both Org A Portal and & Org B Portal - They will see two portals when they log in), 
  4. YES - If you remove a person from the Organization they will not be able to raise requests. 
  5. If you add a person to the Organisation an invite email is sent to the user. If they sign up then they will be able to raise a request. If you remove them from the organisation and delete them from User Administration - Jira Service Desk users, then they will not be able to raise requests. 

-Mike

RE 1: It is possible to have two organizations in one project provided you are sharing Request Types across the two organizations. It is also possible to have a user in both organization, thus that user can share see and raise requests from both Organizations. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events