Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign issues to users of a group round robin, skip user based on issues assigned count

Jelani Walton March 30, 2023

I am trying to create an automation that assigns the oldest issue in a queue to a group of users. I would like it to round robin assign the issue to the user group, but only if they have less than 40 issues currently assigned to them. If the next user has 40+ issues, the automation skips to the next person in line to balance out the workload. If all users have 40 tickets then it does nothing. Is this possible? Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

There is a Library automation that probably is close to what you want.  When you get into 'Automation' there should be a 'Library' tab.  Click on that and I believe it's the 1st one, "When an issue is created automatically assign using balanced workload." See if that gets you closer to what you're looking for.

Jelani Walton March 31, 2023

Thanks for responding Dan, i did see that automation, but thats for tickets when created. Im trying to target tickets that were created already but now need to be distributed at a later time. I was hoping to use the "Scheduled trigger" to have the automation check the oldest ticket in the queue on a time interval and assign itself to the agents

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events