Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign issues to users in a group only when they are actively working

Ada September 22, 2022

What is the best way to assign issues to users in a group only when they are working? I would like to be able to set a schedule and only assign issues to a user when the schedule shows that they are working.

I don't see a way to edit the group with automations, or an add on that will do this, but I may be missing something.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ada June 13, 2023

I ended up making a custom solution using the API to add/remove users to a group for assignments when they choose to be available for assignment. It's been working well.

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

@Ada -

Based on my knowledge, Jira/JSM doesn't manage if an agent's working schedule (he/she is working), thus what you are asking is not possible.

I am not aware of any add-on which give you that functionality tracking an agent's working schedule.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Agree with Joseph - there's no known way to make users available by schedule. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events