Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a ticket to a group

aya el youssoufi November 7, 2023

Hi Atlassian community! i'm very beginner to jira service management software, and i want to assign a ticket to a group created by me, and each member of this group should receive an email. There is a several groups created. And i wanna know how to do that? Can you provide me the detailed steps pleaseERROR.PNG

2 answers

3 votes
Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2023

Hi @aya el youssoufi 

There are 2 ways to do this namely as below :

1. As @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan  suggested using a custom automation, you can sent an email, but please remember that this could be used for specific trigger actions only.

2. But if you are considering to send all the standard issue notifications to this group, then consider modifying the project notification scheme itself & add the group into all the events which you want them to be notified.

Hope this helps you making the decision.

1 vote
Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2023

Create the custom field (Group Picker Field).

1. Associate this field on the relevant screen.

2. Select the desired group to whom you want to assign the issue.

The Email Section can be achieved via the automation Rule.

Select Trigger: 

Field Updated ( Group Picker Field)

Add Condition if the field is not empty

Send Email: Select the Same Group
07-November-2023 (239).gif

is it possible to send automatically emails to the group to which the ticket is assigned and not to a specific group?

Thank you very much @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan 

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2023

Yes, it can be achieved as suggested by @Vishal in the second way.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events