Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign SLA according to Priority?

Strapag Administrator July 16, 2021

Hi, i have a question..

I have created new SLA's i wanted to add a condition that the SLA is related to the tickets priority. Currently when somebody creates a ticket i see all 3 SLA's cirtical normal and uncritical. So they are all 3 running simultaneously.

I would like to add a condition that once a Agent of us changes the priority to either "normal", "medium" or high it should only show the SLA that is taking place so for normal = normal SLA | for High the "critical" sla and for low the "uncritical" sla.

Is that possible to define? and if yes how?

Kind Regards

Cedrik

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hello @Strapag Administrator

To define SLAs for different priorities, it can be done in different rules are a single rule. To define in a single rule, navigate to the SLAs, then select the rule and edit it. The JQL query would need to be updated as per the requirement.

Please find below the screenshot for a similar implementation.

Kindly let me know if this helps.SLA.JPG

1 vote
Jonas Ekström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hi,
Do you need different SLA counters for them, or is it enought with youse different time goals for the different priorities?
You can defined multiple goals in the same measure.

For example "Time to resolution" you can have separate goals based on priority instead of creating multiple new goals. (just change the JQL query for the goal)Screenshot from 2021-07-16 13-55-19.png

0 votes
Cedrik Keviczky July 23, 2021

@Gaurav  and @Jonas Ekström  Thank you for the answer, i was on holidays therefore couldn't react faster :)

So i am still facing some Issues, i tried to make the changes simple, once in the ticket if i open it and we dont change the tickets into incidents or something else, we just leave them as : Email requests. 

So i created the SLA's according to this:ticketcreation.png

the problem i am facing as you see the only "X" option to get rid of the 8h with the JQL "Alle verbleibende Vorgänge" menas, all remaining issues, cant be deleted. How come i can't delete that? 

then further down in the conditions tabs i say, the time should start once a Agent assigns the ticket to someone.

The waiting time starts once changed to waiting for customer and the time ends, once the Status is changed to "Fertig" which is Finish.

So for the conditions i think it should be fine, and also for the JQL uptop (redcorner) i think it should be fine. 

When i create a ticket and change the priority to Medium (see picture)

slas.png

It still shows me all 3 SLA ( i think this is because of the all remaining issues field that i can't delete?

Or why do i still have all 3 SLA's shown inside the ticket ?

and my last question is after the SLA's would work, we would like to see "time to resolution" so that the SLA i have choosen let's take the Medium one as example. That there would be a SLA Counter there, that counts down the 8hours, is that possible to configure? if yes do i have to configure it within the 8h SLA? 

Thanks for your help, and i wish you a nice weekend.

BR

Cedrik

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hello @Cedrik Keviczky 

The SLAs work in a sequential manner. When a ticket is created, the system compares it to the defined SLAs aand assigns the one which matches the JQL.

So to cater to issues which do not match any condition, we have the SLA for 'All remaining issues'.

You can update the goal for this to 'No Target', which would keep the system for tracking the tickets which do not match your JQL conditions.

Also, you might have a case of using multiple Priority (like I am :) , refer the screen shot). If that is the case, we need to be careful while defining the SLA rules to ensure that we are referring to the correct priority (or JQL condition).

Once we have this streamlined, it reflects as Response and Resolution SLA on the ticket which keeps counting down. Please refer the screenshot.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

SLA_explain.png

Cedrik Keviczky July 23, 2021

@Gaurav  thank you for the fast reply.

I managed to get it working the only thing that i dont quite understand yet is the time to responce counter in the overview where i see all tickets, that is still blank, 

but the 3 different Prioritys work. 

Did i understand that right, only if i have multiple SLA's on one ticket i get the orange timer in the Overview window? 

Kind Regards

Cedrik

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2021

Hello @Cedrik Keviczky 

In the overview screen, the SLA clock will show for every ticket on which it is applicable. Please see the screenshot, which shows 5 tickets and both Time to first response and Time to Resolution are shown for all tickets as it is applicable to all.

SLA.JPG

This can be edited by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right side.

Also, the timer turns orange when the clock runs out, that is when the SLA is missed.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events