• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assign Agents to Projects

Hello, 

is it possible to assign one agent to one project? I have 3 agents and 3 projects. (HR, IT, Finance). So I'd like to assign Bob to IT, Alice to HR and Lynn to finance. But I don't want Lynn to get notifications from IT / HR or Bob to get notifications from HR / Finance or Alice from finance / IT. 

Is that possible? 

Cheers, 

Kenny

2 answers

Hi @Kenneth Föll ,

you should provide Application Access to all of them in order to be considered Agents in JIRA Service Desk.

After doing that, for a specific project, you can add each specific user as Service Project Team (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-your-service-project-agents-to-work-on-requests/ )

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio, 

thank you very much for answering my question! 

Cheers,

Kenny 

0 votes

Hi @Kenneth Föll and welcome to the community!

by granting each agent only the permissions to browse the project or add them to the correct role in the project they will only be "responsible" for one of them.

Even if you were to assign them all to all of the projects, it would still be your notification scheme that defines who gets what.

It does matter what cloud plan you are on tho, as the Free plan does not allow for granular permissions to be set. But even then a workaround would be possible to get to your use case

Hi Dirk, 

thank you for your response. As I understand it, it is possible that Bob does not get alerts / notifications / Mails from  Alice (HR) and Alice does not get notifications / Mails ... from  IT. So they both won't get any mails or notifications from other projects? I want the projects to be seperated. 

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Apr 08, 2021

Absolutely, notifications are managed on the project itself through the notificaton scheme. (for a Classic project that is)

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

So depending on where you add the user/agent, in what role you add them to the project the scheme will determine if they get or don't get the notification.

Like Kenneth Föll likes this

Okay, thank you very much! 

Cheers, 

Kenny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Mindville Insight is now part of Jira Service Management!

Hello Community! We’re excited to announce that Mindville Insight’s asset and configuration management capabilities will now be integrated into Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plan...

675 views 10 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you