Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Agents to Projects

Kenneth Föll April 8, 2021

Hello, 

is it possible to assign one agent to one project? I have 3 agents and 3 projects. (HR, IT, Finance). So I'd like to assign Bob to IT, Alice to HR and Lynn to finance. But I don't want Lynn to get notifications from IT / HR or Bob to get notifications from HR / Finance or Alice from finance / IT. 

Is that possible? 

Cheers, 

Kenny

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Kenneth Föll and welcome to the community!

by granting each agent only the permissions to browse the project or add them to the correct role in the project they will only be "responsible" for one of them.

Even if you were to assign them all to all of the projects, it would still be your notification scheme that defines who gets what.

It does matter what cloud plan you are on tho, as the Free plan does not allow for granular permissions to be set. But even then a workaround would be possible to get to your use case

Hi Dirk, 

thank you for your response. As I understand it, it is possible that Bob does not get alerts / notifications / Mails from  Alice (HR) and Alice does not get notifications / Mails ... from  IT. So they both won't get any mails or notifications from other projects? I want the projects to be seperated. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Absolutely, notifications are managed on the project itself through the notificaton scheme. (for a Classic project that is)

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

So depending on where you add the user/agent, in what role you add them to the project the scheme will determine if they get or don't get the notification.

Like Kenneth Föll likes this

Okay, thank you very much! 

Cheers, 

Kenny

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

Hi @Kenneth Föll ,

you should provide Application Access to all of them in order to be considered Agents in JIRA Service Desk.

After doing that, for a specific project, you can add each specific user as Service Project Team (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-your-service-project-agents-to-work-on-requests/ )

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio, 

thank you very much for answering my question! 

Cheers,

Kenny 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events