Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets - offboarding

Danielle David March 29, 2023

Kind of new to Assets in Jira.

We have most of our employee  Hardware now in Jira.

From an offboarding point of view, the team need to go through all 10 assets fields to check to see if that user has any of those assets.

Is there a better way to do this?

One search?

2 answers

0 votes
Danielle David April 12, 2023

Hi @Suzi Firth 

I got the new Interface, however still struggling to search across all assets objects

For example Under Hardware I am trying to search for an employee to see what mob and laptop they have. I followed your instructions but seems I can only show the assets per object? 

jiraassets.PNG

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Danielle David 

Oh no! I had this problem when I was first testing Jira Assets. You can only use the fancy filter per object type (aka using your attributes as filters).

If you have all your objects split into different object types then really your only option is to use the Search all schemas which isn't great because you can't filter out decommissioned assets from the search, or narrow to employee and mobile, or site and Xerox printers etc,.

This issue is the entire reason why as you can see in my screen shots, I have just one object type called IT Assets and it has 700+ objects rather than it being segregated into multiple object types.

I wish I had better news for you but I'd say it's currently not possible.

What I would say coming out of this though is to log some feedback with Atlassian regarding Assets. I would also recommend looking through the System Dashboard center to see if anyone has requested the ability to filter top level object types and it include sub object types in the filter results. I wouldn't surprised if someone has previously logged this suggestion with Atlassian.

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa 

@Suzi Firth , No worries thank you. :) I will out in a note with Atlassian. should be a feature :)

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

@Danielle David 

Atlassian released an article about the updates to assets. I see a few comments on the post about not being able to search through all object types at the same time. Might be helpful to you if you raise the same concern.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/We-are-updating-the-user-interface-for-Assets-in-Jira-Service/ba-p/2312529?utm_source=newsletter-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=it-insiders-april_EML-14679&jobid=106020360&subid=1595571915 

0 votes
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2023

Hi @Danielle David 

I'm not sure what you mean by all 10 asset fields.

You should have a User Attribute for your object schema. You can then select the User/Reporter/Customer as the User of the asset, like below:

ice_screenshot_20230331-132139.png

When looking at your Object Schema, click on Filter in the top right, Select User, search for the user and select their name and then click update filter.

ice_screenshot_20230331-132357.png

The view will then show all assets associated with the user and you can update accordingly.

Suzi

Danielle David March 30, 2023

Hi Suzi, thank you.

We have a user attribute field.

How do i get to that page on your screen shot? I have never seem the filter option in Insight?

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2023

Hi @Danielle David 

It's the new view that loaded this morning when I opened Assets. I think they've only just started rolling it out as it wasn't there for me yesterday.

I have an screenshot of the old view.

The filter search lived on the left hand side and you click the Filter Search > User, etc.,

Capture.JPG

Like Danielle David likes this
Danielle David March 30, 2023

Thanks Suzi, makes sense. :) Once enabled on my side I will give it a go.

Like Suzi Firth likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events