Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets/Insight restrict attributes in portal

David April 27, 2023

Is there a way to restrict the visibility of Insight attributes in the JSM/SD portal when using the object picker.
For reference the object picket is the dialog that appears and allows an advanced search using the magnifying glass next to the insight CF on the portal create request screen.

3 answers

0 votes
Els Bassant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2023

Hi @[deleted] ,

Did you find a solution for this?

I'm also running into the problem that attributes that have been set to hidden are showing in the customer portal when using the object picker. As some of these hidden attributes include contact information it is not desirable that anyone can see this information.

Worst case I can disable the object picker for this field, but it does provide some valuable contextual information so if possible I'd like to keep it active.

0 votes
Eric Collins September 19, 2023

@David - If you set the attributes Hidden setting the attribute will be hidden from the users role. This means you will need to add a group (I generally use jira-users) to the User Role for the objectType.

Sam Huawey September 27, 2023

There are several attributes that cannot be hidden this way, e.g. Created and Updated

Elward Bosman December 11, 2023

Furthermore, your complete object schema may be exposed.

Click the cogwheel and increase the Reference depth and Reference Types, and see the magic happen...

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-8496 

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Either via the type-ahead or the magnifying glass, the list is subject to whatever IQL filter you've applied in the custom field context.

If you want a different list in the portal vs jira, then you need to have an IQL that will render differently based on default values and IQL placeholders.

If you can have a custom field that has a different value when you're in Jira or when you're in the Portal, then you can use that value as a way to filter the objects.

This works best if you also have scriptrunner so you can hide that field.

Then in your objects, you might need an attribute like "Applicable to" that will contain some values that can be used to match against the various default values in the form. For example, it can contain just "Jira", just "Portal", or "Jira,Portal".

Then the IQL would look something like

"Applicable To" like ${ApplicableToCustomFieldName}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events