Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Managment for Jira - Alerts

Radosław Wojtalewicz April 17, 2023

We started to use Asset Managment for Jira to collect all contracts with our customers. Our sales department need some reminders about contracts which will expire soon. We use alert feature for that, but in my opinion it sends alerts to often (evryday). Is it possible to configure those alerts to send reminders once month? I mean list of contracts which will expire in next month. Now it works like that. When some contract will expire in the next 30 days send alert and send it evry day until it will expire. That's annoying.

Maybe it's not possible using alerts, but maybe it's possible other way? For example generating report and sending it using some Jira Automation or something? I'm new in Jira so I don't now if it's possible.

2 comments

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi, welcome to the community!

You can leverage the Automation rules to do that.

Here is a quick example.

Assume we have an object schema "Contract Management" with an object type "Contract" which have the following custom attributes

-Owner (Jira User)

-Renewal Date

-Last renewal notification Date

Overview of the rule

Capture d’écran, le 2023-04-17 à 10.06.57.png

High level logic

-Trigger : Scheduled

-Branch on AQL : AQL to get the contract where the renewal date is < 90d and the last sent notification was at least 7 days ago. AQL : objectType = Contract AND "Renewal Date" < now(90d) AND "Last renewal notification Date" < now(-7d)

-Edit object : Edit current contract and set "Last renewal notification date"

-Send email : Send email to contract owner.

Capture d’écran, le 2023-04-17 à 10.09.07.png

Capture d’écran, le 2023-04-17 à 10.09.14.png

Capture d’écran, le 2023-04-17 à 10.09.19.png

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Since we set a "Last renewal notification date", you can run this rule each day. Owner will get notified only when it's been long enough, based on the AQL, until the contract is renewed. You can adjust the AQL with the number of days you need in your particular context.

You can also add logic to

-Notify the procurement team if the remaining number of days is less that 10.

-Create a request for the renewal

Sky's the limit :)

Radosław Wojtalewicz April 18, 2023

Hi,
Thanks for quick reply. Can I use AQL language for Asset Managment for Jira? I mean exactly this app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222692/asset-management-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 
I can't see AQL querry anywhere in conditions or branches, so maybe AQL isn't avaliable for this app?

Pier-Olivier Tremblay
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2023

why not use the native assets feature instead of an addon? Is it because you are using Standard or Free licenses?

Radosław Wojtalewicz April 18, 2023

Yes, we use the Standard license of Jira Service Managment.

jira support October 29, 2023

Is this available for JSM server / DC or only on cloud?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events