cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Management | Dynamically link employee object to tickets

Ruan Redelinghuys March 24, 2023

Good day.

Assets

We have an Object Type (called "People") with our employees, contractors, etc. The Object Type has an attribute called "Jira Account" which is of Type 'User' (the account with which the user logs into Jira).

• Schema: People and Locations
    • Object Type: People
      • Attribute: User

Service desk

We have created a Custom Field called "User object" (Type = Assets objects).

The issue

When a user creates a new issue, we would like to automatically associate the Reporter of that issue with their respective employee information in the People list, if it exists.

2 answers

0 votes
Malene Vikkelsø August 25, 2023

This guide could provide the answer: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automatically-add-object-linked-to-reporter-to-assets-previously-insight-field-on-ticket-creation-1142431084.html

All you are missing is the automation rule, which should trigger on Issue created.

I am wondering how you have added the Atlasisan Users to all your objects? Have you done this manually or have you found an automatic way to do this? I am working on a similar thing, where I would like to show all employee assets (phone, laptop, etc.) related to the Reporter of a ticket. I have managed to do so, by following the guide, however I am missing how to automatically add the Jira user to the object attribute.

0 votes
Paul Madison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

You could probably use an automation to query the assets table based on reporter attribute.

Something like this:

asssetsquery.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events