Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Custom Field (Reporting Manager)

Raymart Cruz February 26, 2023

How can the custom field (Asset) input the reporting manager automatically? So that Service Deskt Team can see the requesters reporting manager.

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.11.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.11.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.16.02 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2023

Hi @Raymart Cruz 

A very important thing to mention about what you are trying to achieve here is that the custom field on your issue will always default to the label so you can't be looking at the employees record, you need to look at the managers record.

I have this exact field setup in my instance and to get it to work, the Reporting Manager needs to be it's own object type. You then need to enter each of the managers as objects and link the user/customer/reporter to the Manager (I do this using a "Manager of User" attribute). You can do this via an import with CSV or manually.

Example of what I mean:

ice_screenshot_20230227-152856.png

Once you've done that, your custom field configuration would be as follows:

Object schema: Employees

Filter scope (AQL): objectType = "Reporting Manager"

Filter issue scope (AQL): "Manager of User" = currentReporter()

Allow search filtering by these attributes: Name

Object attributes to display on issue view: Name

This will ensure you are returning the correct value to the custom field in your issue.

Then to automate this...

Trigger: When Issue Created

Then Edit Issue Fields : Manager

And the AQL value would be: "Manager Of User" = {{issue.reporter}}

ice_screenshot_20230227-153240.png

I would also recommend copying this to trigger when the reporter field is changed too, so that it updates the manager field if the reporter is changed on the ticket (e.g. a servicedesk member forwards an email from another user).

Cheers,

Suzi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events