Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we able to edit or format Proforma Forms export?

Brian Ventura May 10, 2024

Our organization would like to add our logo to the export and format the export so it can be shared without having to edit it after export. Is any of this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

@Brian Ventura -

Welcome to the community.  I am not aware that functionality is available when you export Porforma Form (now just called "FORM" as an out of the box component with JSM software from Atlassian).

Sorry, hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi Joseph,

Is there away to find out if this something they are working on to help the users? The export is currently very sloppy and we have to take several extra steps to format so we can share internally and externally. 

Thank you, 

Brian

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

To add a little to what @Joseph Chung Yin  has said....

Checkout: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-server/ and click on the section below.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 3.25.46 PM.png

project = JSDSERVER AND issuetype = Suggestion AND text ~ "export" AND text ~ "format"

returns a dozen or so customer suggestions, but I didn't read them all to discover which (if any) is closest to your request.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2024

@Brian Ventura -

When you use FORM to create your JSM project issues, you can select the option in your FORM's configuration setup to attached the FORM as a PDF to the issue upon submission.

Go to your project >> project settings >> FORMS and select the specific form in question.

Once selected, select the "Edit" option and in the Setting's tab - select the option under the "On Submission" field's "Submit and attach a PDF".

2024-05-10_12-27-33.png

You can customize and design the FORM configuration to include your company's logo, so when the FORM is submitted and added as the issue attachment (PDF), then the PDF will have your logo and setup.

Hope this makes sense.  NOTE - One will need to a member of the project's Administrator role or a Jira/JSM system admins to be able to manage the FORM configuration for the project.

If my suggestion helped.  Please click on "Accept answer" so others with similar asks will see the posting as an answered one.

Best, Joseph

Like Brian Ventura likes this

I have updated the setting and will test with my team. Thank you. 

I submitted a test ticket and the form did not keep the logo on the pdf. Suggestions?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2024

@Brian Ventura -

Is the logo image showing up when you access the FORM at submission time?  Can you confirm that you configured the FORM layout correctly where you included the image in the FORM design + you are using the FORM to trigger an JSM issue creation?

Best, Joseph

Brian Ventura May 11, 2024

The logo shows up in the portal at submission and is being used to trigger JSM issue creation. I also have other forms with logo that do not trigger JSM issue creation and the logo shows prior before, during, and after the form is being used and neither shows on the PDF. We are not using the cloud version of JSM if that makes a difference. I did just notice it says:

• Excluded from PDFs: Images are not included in any PDFs generated from the form.

Do we need to update our Form or is this not possible on any version?

Best, 

Brian

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2024

@Brian Ventura -

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for their further assistance.  I have confirmed that since inserting an image to the FORM design configuration it is referenced to a URL end point, so it will dynamically display it when accessing the Form and not the PDF generated from the FORM.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events