Are the queues really auto refreshing, and if so what is the default interval?

Chris Stival September 8, 2021

My support users are quite anxious to know when new tickets arrive in the Unassigned queue, but they don't want to keep clicking on the queue in the list. From what I can tell, it seems that auto refresh is maybe a thing already, as per https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-433 but it's not clear. 

Is it possible to modify the JQL of the queue to check for new tickets at a specified interval?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rebecca March 17, 2022

Hi Chris,

I had a similar issue last week and clarified the exact interval for auto-refresh with Atlassian. For anyone else who may be interested you'll find the Atlassian response to my request here:

Once a queue is loaded, it keeps polling for the new data at regular intervals. The intervals are incremental, starting at 5 seconds and extending up to 1 minute between each polling. This is to avoid too many fetch calls when there are no data updates happening. If there’s an update to the queue, the corresponding API endpoint is called to get the latest data and the queue is refreshed. At this point, poll interval is also reset to 5s.

When the queue is not on an active browser tab, polling interval is set to 5m.

Yes, the little number buttons behind all the queue refresh as well. The calls are made at an interval of 1m since it’s a performance intensive operation to get the issue count for each queue by executing their corresponding JQLs one at a time.

Chris Stival March 17, 2022

Thanks Rebecca...this is great info that I can share with the agents. :-)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

@Chris Stival,

The queues themselves will automatically add new tickets. If you are in a queue, as new tickets are added to the queue, that list auto refreshes and new tickets become visible. Are you talking about the little number showing how many tickets are in the queue, or the tickets themselves?

Chris Stival September 9, 2021

Yes they are most concerned about the little number not updating, so they can end up missing a new ticket if they don't click on the queue to view the contents.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

@Chris Stival

If you have a queue selected, that number will auto update as soon as the new ticket is brought into the queue. The lozenge for each other queue will update as you navigate between queues or on a page refresh.

Like Chris Stival likes this
Chris Stival September 10, 2021

Roger that. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders