Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver note

Daniel Guild December 19, 2022

Hello, 

I am looking for away for approvers to leave a note when they approve or decline via the approve button email. Is there not a way for a replay to email to add a comment?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2022

Hi Daniel,

You might try adding another status prior to the Approval status. Then create two transitions to the Approval status - One for Approved and one for Denied (or whatever language you like). Then place a transition screen on transition which requires a Comment be made. Actually, you will probably have to create a new paragraph custom field and make that mandatory with a Validator. You can do that with both transitions if you want one for Denied as well. 

Then based on which transition is used, create an Automation rule that Approves or Denies the request. 

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2022

Hi @Daniel Guild To my knowledge, the approver either uses the approve buttons in the email OR clicks the link to approve from the portal with comment.

Daniel Guild December 19, 2022

you are correct. my request or question is there a way to have the approver replay to the email to leave a comment? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events