Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver Notification buttons not showing in email

John Scott June 1, 2021

I have my project set to allow approve and deny buttons via email without the need to sign in, but all I continue to see in my testing are long URL strings for approve and denyScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 4.42.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 4.44.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 4.44.55 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hello @John Scott,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and details.

I believe that the settings of the outgoing email are set to “Text” instead of “HTML”, that’s why it’s showing links instead of buttons.

There are some settings you need to change:

Please, go to Cog icon > System > Default user preferences > Default outgoing email format and confirm if it’s “HTML”. If not, click on “Edit default values” and change the format.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 13.56.22.png

Then, go to Cog icon > Products > Email requests. It’s necessary to enable HTML email parsing.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 13.58.44.png

The last thing to check is your own settings. In case you are using your account to test the approvals. The settings above are global, but there are also personal settings.

Click on your profile picture on the top right corner > Personal settings > Email notifications format.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 14.00.41.png

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

John Scott June 2, 2021

Thank you so much, that worked!!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events