Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve Incidents using Admin Account

Sachin More February 16, 2021

I am integrating Jira Service Desk  with custom App.

I was able to get the pending tickets using Jira Service Desk API and was able to approve the request through API itself.

Now, i need to perform a task where i use Jira Service Desk admin account to approve the incidents which are assigned to other users.

Somehow, the API return access denied error. Same works if i use the credentials of the user who is assigned to approve the request.

Is there any mechanism where Admin User can approve all incidents on behalf of other users ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

the admin user need the permissions to do so. The permission depends on how you add approvers to the ticket. e.g the customer could add the approver, the agent could add the approver or the approver could be added automatically.

in case you want to add the approver automatically you need to add the user picker custom field to your request type , and then select the option to Hide it. At this point, Jira Service Management will ask you to populate a list of approvers. add the admin use and save this, and your field is hidden and admin is set as an approver.

if the agents specify the approver, you can ask them to add the admin user as the approver.

If the customers set the approver ,you need to add a transition with a postfunction to add the admin as an approver and than proceed.

and no the admin can not approve ticket on somesones behalf. That would be a bug :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events