cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval step issue

Aleksandr Ganiyev June 20, 2022

Hello everyone,

I faced with issue about approval step.

When ticket step go on to approval step need to choose relevant employee and I am as administrator on jira can choose approval employee on the approval step but other employees in my project can`t choose employee for set approval step.

Screen below.

Can everybody help me.

Thanks in advance.

1.png

3 comments

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Aleksandr Ganiyev ,

Can these users select people in other user fields? (like assignee and such)

Normally when they cannot select users it's because they are missing the global permissions "Browse Users and Groups"

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Aleksandr Ganiyev ,

1. Confirm if you really have user that matches "nad", try searching for any other user or your name. This confirms if the setup is correct. 
  2. Check if you have setup the approval as mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-service-management-approvals-938847527.html 
  3. Check if "Approvers" field has any context set so that only the list of users are restricted. Go to Admin menu --> Issues --> Custom field --> Approvers --> Context and default values. 
Aleksandr Ganiyev June 21, 2022

Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans and @Rilwan Ahmed

I decided my problem.

I try to explain what is the matter.

We have project in "Jira service management" app and have default access group "jira-servicemanagement-users" where include all of my staff and additional we have "jira software" app and have default access group "jira-software-users" but our division have project only in "Jira service management" app. Previously all of my division staff have access rights to both group but after i revoked access from "jira software" app("jira-software-users") any of my staff couldn`t choose approval person with "Jira service management"  workflow except me -  jira administrator.

Now i again added my staff to  "jira software" app("jira-software-users") and now everything is alright.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events