Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval step is not working on issue after changing the workflow

Tato Gvritishvili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2023

Hello Everyone,

I have changed the workflow and added approval step on "Awaiting Approval" step, I use single user field for approver. The workflow is used on 2 schemes, first one is for 12 different projects which are created with shared configuration and second one is a single project X. The workflow is for Epic issue types.

On Project X everything is working fine, there is approval step added.
The issue is that, when I create new Epic or transition old Epics, approval is not visible on those 12 projects which are created with shared configuration. No Approve or Decline buttons are visible and epics can be transitioned to any status by anyone.

What can be the root cause of this and how to fix?

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi Tato,

Not sure if I am completely following you, but let me ask some questions or repeat what I think I am hearing. 

You have a shared workflow. It is use in two different schemes. In both schemes the workflow is associated with the Epic issue type.  Good so far? 

Then you changed the shared workflow and published it. Correct?

And the new workflow works in one project, but not in the other projects?

Or did you copy the workflow, make changes to the workflow and then attach the new workflow to the scheme in project X but not the other scheme? 

Tato Gvritishvili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2023

Hello John,

Thanks for the answer.

Those 12 projects are Software type and Project X is Service Management. As it seems approval step is not in Software type projects which I was unaware of.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Correct - built in approvals are only available for JSM projects. 

Like Tato Gvritishvili likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events