Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval not working

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2020

The approval as broken and I am trying to fix it has we have had some system errors from the cloud. 

I am trying to take a muliple user picker custom field cal Approver and add this to the workflow for the approval. When I go to configure the only options are Manager and Requestor. I want to add my Customer Field Approver to that list or take off Manager and Requestor. I am using the Cloud version of Service Desk. 

How do I go about this. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2020

The resolution is with the data lost to our instance we had to do the following either create another field or use a field that was not the approver field and or make a new workflow for approval and re-create the approval field and associate it to the new workflow. 

We are working on a restore of the information lost with cloud support but with either fix there will be some data to configure. 

Hope this helps all that had this issue. 

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Hello @Aaron Geister

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please confirm if you are using a Classic or Next-gen project? 

Using a Classic project, I was able to easily create a user picker custom field (Multiple users) and select it in the Service desk workflow by following the steps of both links below:

Add a new custom field to a project 

Add an approval to a workflow 

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 20.49.04.png

That being said, please provide us with the following information so we can better understand and troubleshoot your issue:

1. What are the "system errors" you are facing when trying to set the approvals? Can you provide us with a screenshot of the error?
  2. Are you trying to set a pre-determined list of approvers or let your customer choose their approvers?
  3. Check if the field you are trying to set the approvers is a Userk picker custom field (multiple users)

Let us know if you have any questions.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2020

I have it handled with Atlassian Cloud Support. Thank you though. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

Hello @Aaron Geister

I'm glad to know you were able to solve your issue with the Atlassian Support.

If possible, please post the solution in this question so it may help other customers in the Community.

Have a nice week ahead!

Like Aaron Geister likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events