Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Required (Automatic Approved)

Raymart Cruz November 2, 2022

Hi All,

Seeking your assistance regarding the approval required for automation. I create automation for a service request with approval. Once the ticket is filed it must wait for the approver to accept or decline. In my case, once the ticket is filed the automation automatically triggers without approval. Kindly see the image below for your reference.

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 5.52.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-02 at 5.52.23 PM.png

Also, how can I make an automation comment to a specific form once the request is approved/declined?

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 5.59.17 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Andre Nesse November 2, 2022

Hi @Raymart Cruz , have you made sure to check that there are no other automations overriding the Approval, and double check that the Workflow conditions for "Approve/Decline" transition are set to "blocked if there is a pending approval"?:

image.png
As for the automation, I would use the "Approval completed" trigger instead of "Approval required", and then use an IF/Else block that checks whether or not the issue was Approved/Declined, instead of branch rules:

image.png

Kim

How can I make an automation to a specific form? So that no conflict on automation?

Kim Andre Nesse November 3, 2022

@Raymart Cruz this could be done by using the new "Forms attached" validator upon issue creation, f.ex:

(NOTE: You have to select "Single Project" and the JSM project under "Scope" in Rule Details for this to work. If you have other Jira Software projects in the same instance and Scope is set to Global, the "Forms attached" validator will not show up).

image.png

These allow you to create an if-else or otherwise compare issues submitted and do different actions to the different forms. You can even differentiate between the same form if open or submitted, if necessary.

Raymart Cruz November 3, 2022

Thank you so much @Kim Andre Nesse . All is good now my automation is working fine now.

Like Kim Andre Nesse likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events