Applied Transition Validator and Assignee Field Disappeared

Tom N Scoggin Jr April 10, 2023

We had a requirement to lock down transitions on a specific issue type to only Project Admins. When we implemented a Validator on the transitions it removed the Assignee field from the web view. The field is still on the Jira Screens but just don't show on the issue anymore. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

@Tom N Scoggin Jr -

It seems you may have two issues here, please look into it and let me know of your findings.  Afterward, I can assist further.

1) In WF transition, you should use "Condition" instead of "Validator" setup to restrict transition to only a specific group of users (i.e. project admins).  This way, non project-admins will not even be expose to the locked down transition.  Please provide your WF customization information.

2) WF customization will not remove field from the issue screen.  Typically, portal issue UI view should never display the assignee information.  It is by default "Hidden" in request type form screen setup.  Where are you not seeing the "Assignee" field - via the Porta UI or Project UI?

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks Joseph. I just validated that a non-admin cannot transition the issues but they do see the transitions. I will need to see if making them Conditions if it will hide them from the users. 

I will let you know what happens.

Second part is that I don't see the Assignee field in the project UI when creating editing or viewing. The field is on the custom screens but dropped off when we did the validator. Maybe it will come back when we change to Condition.

I will let you know on this as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events