Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App - Service desk API INTEGRATION

Luka Finderle December 17, 2021

Hi,

I have a question about the integration between my app and the Jira Service Desk.

The idea is for the user to send a message via the contact form on my application and at the same time to open a task on the Service Desk. The most important thing on the task is that the field Reporter = user email. This way I could reply to the user via a comment on the task and he could reply to me via his email.
Can someone explain to me is it necessary to open a customer before opening the task?

Any kind of help is highly appreciated :)

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

I am not sure I know what you mean by "open a customer before opening the task".

Are you talking about the need to identify a customer when creating a request in the helpdesk?

How does your application know which jira-customer-account the request should be raised by?

Luka Finderle December 19, 2021

Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I'm talking about the need to identify a customer when creating a request in the helpdesk.
I have the classic contact form where the user is typing his email.
I want to put that email in the Reporter field of the task.

Luka Finderle December 21, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Do you have any idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Ok, your app will have to ask Jira for the valid values for the reporter field, matching the email to the one the Jira user is.

Luka Finderle December 21, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

That is the main problem. The user who is sending a message doesn't have an account.

I want to reproduce the following Flow. A customer sends an email to the email that is set as an email chanel on a Service Desk. Jira opens a task with his email in the Reporter field. When i type a comment on that task, Jira sends an email notification to the customer and when he replies to it, it is writen as a comment on the same task.
That is an existing Jira feature that i'm using for a long time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the reporter field in plain Jira (on the issues, not requests), which has to be a Jira user.

What you're looking at is the email address that they used to send the email to create the request.  Your app will have to establish that and send email from it to do this.

Luka Finderle December 22, 2021

But I can't send an email with an email address that doesn't belong to me.

Can you describe a more detailed how to do that?

Luka Finderle January 2, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-Do you have any idea how to solve my problem? It would be highly appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

Yes, you need to log in as the customer (in the UI or over REST) or send an email from their address.  The reporter is not directly entered, it is worked out from other data - either the email address on incoming email, the customer's active login, or when someone logged in as an Agent selects a customer when using "raise on behalf of"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events