Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to edit [JIRA] in all email notification subject lines?

Daniel Weatherford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

When receiving a notification email the subject contains: [JIRA] followed by template defined subject line. Is there a way to replace/remove [JIRA]?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

HI @Daniel Weatherford ,

Believe it is taken from the general settings. If you change the Jira Admin general setting, it should reflect in all notification. Keep in mind this will be set across globally and will affect all notifications. 

The Fields to change would be title and email from. Would test this on your sandbox to get it setup to the way you want it.

Daniel Weatherford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Have changed it and it only impacted the email from. Still shows [JIRA] even after updating the title.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

HI Daniel,

Doing some research. I came across a ticket. Unfortunately, looks like it isn't possible:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-21888

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events