Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Anonymizing JSM Comments

I have a team who wants to anonymize the developer's identity when that developer makes comments on JSM tickets.  

We've already taken the user info out of all the email templates that are sent to customers.  But we can't figure out a way to remove their identity from where comments are posted towards the bottom of the tickets.

I've seen the GDPR doc below and I don't want to nuke it from everything right now.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/anonymizing-users-992677655.html

Any help or creative ideas are appreciated!

1 answer

Hi Chris,

I would advice to turn the native Jira Service Management notifications off. 

You will then need to re-create them in Automation for Jira, this will allow you to prevent Usernames from being presented.

Kind regards,
Mark

Hi Markus, can you help me understand how notifications are connected to usernames appearing in ticket comments (the comments sections at the bottom of a ticket)?  I'm good with notifications in terms of the emails.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

180 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you