An issue with comment restrictions.

Michael Smith January 11, 2023

Recently updated our Jira DEV environment from 4.8 to 5.4.
After that, the comment restriction menu displays incorrectly.
Please see screenshots.

I tried to disable all plugins, but it didn't help.
How can I fix it? Please suggest.

Note:
I've noticed that if Jira SM get installed from scratch with empty database, the comment restriction feature is not available at all, and I didn't find how to enable it.

Regards,
Michael

Jira SM 5.4 (the expanded list is too narrow)
Jira_9.4.png
Jira SM 4.8 (displays correctly)
Jira_8.8.png

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Smith January 12, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder, thank you for your answer.
I mean, when a user clicks on the padlock icon on a comment field the list of groups/roles shows up, but the high of the list is a few pixels. Please find it on the first screenshot. I highlighted it.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@Michael Smith Here is some information on how to add or remove comment restrictions  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-restricted-comments-on-jira-962353957.html 

Can you please explain what you mean by not displaying correctly?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

@Michael Smith have you cleared your browsers cache?

@Brant Schroeder Sure. I've cleared browsers cache, opened it in incognito mode, tried different browsers, disabled all plugins - nothing help. All our users are experiencing this issue.
I've tested newer Jira SM versions - 5.4.1 and 5.5 - the same.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

@Brant Schroeder yes. The issue still occurs. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

@Michael Smith I would suggest submitting a support issue to Atlassian to see if they have seen this before or can see any issues in the support logs.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events