Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing seeing SLA for external partners ?

Touqeer Anjum September 23, 2022

Hi,

I came to know from Customizing Jira Service Management permissions | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 9.2 | Atlassian Documentation that SLA is a Mandatory permission for the Service Desk Team.

I have a project where we are allowing external partner to view ticket, add comments, but they cannot see SLA. The external partner is NOT setup as a Service Desk Team member due to business requirements. The external partner has Browse Project permission.

I have 2 questions :

1) Is the shared link applicable to Jira as well or Confluence only ?

2) How to allow external partner to see SLA with the ticket with an external client who is NOT part of the Service Desk Team

Thank You

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

@Touqeer Anjum -

In addition to what @Rilwan Ahmed mentioned (which I agreed), are you saying that your "External Partners" have access to issues directly via the project UI?

Lastly, the documentation link that you provided is related to Server version and not for the Cloud env.

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin,

Yes they access the issues via the Project UI.

Service Desk Agent View (with SLA)

SDAView.png

External Partner View (without SLA)

ExternalPartnerView.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

@Touqeer Anjum -

Currently, one will need JSM agent license to see the SLA.  There is an outstanding feature request (also for the CLOUD env) - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3920.

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for additional support and to see if they have any update of bring what you are asking for as a new feature on the product roadmap.

If our recommendation helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Thanks @Joseph Chung Yin 

I understand the licensing part, my question would be that as the accounts will be paid for, will the feature only work after the payment ?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

@Touqeer Anjum -

It should work, can you tell me what project role that those users are assigned with in your JSM project?

Best, Joseph

A new project role was created, they are added to the project role, but are not associated with anything as can be seen below.

A.JPG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

@Touqeer Anjum -

Ok, what kind of permission that you provided for the custom project role?

Best, Joseph

What I meant was that I already have a license for 4 users, and will be adding these new external users as well, as the users were added after the bill was paid, will the SLA feature be activated once the next bill is paid with these users added ?

These roles only have the following permissions:

Browse Projects
Add Comments
Create Attachments
Delete Own Attachments

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

It should work after the licenses (new one for your external users) are paid/assigned, then those users should be able to the SLA information.

If not, I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for additional insight/assistance.  Please keep us inform of their answers.

Best, Joseph

Touqeer Anjum September 24, 2022

Appreciate clarifying that, thanks @Joseph Chung Yin 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

@Touqeer Anjum -

If our suggestions helped, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

2 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Hi @Touqeer Anjum ,

1. It is only for Jira Service Management, not related to Jira software or Confluence. 

2. As of now, native Jira cloud does not show SLA in customer portal. There is already a feature request for the same. You can watch and vote for the updates https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-325

Also there are few Marketplace apps which provide this feature. You can also search for other apps. 
1. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219230/advanced-portal-reports-for-service-desk?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
2. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview

For the external partner we created a new role, and the role is not configured with any of the defaults, Service Desk Customer, or Service Desk Team roles..

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events