Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing customers to create tickets by email if they are from a specific email domain

Zohar Eylen December 19, 2022

Hello,

We have a Jira Service Management project, serving a specific customer we have. 

Currently, creating tickets via email is allowed only for registered users of that customer (users that were added to the project).

I am looking for a way to allow all users with emails of a specific domain to be able to create tickets via email, even if they do not have a user in the project. 

I couldn't find a way to do that. 

Is there something I am missing?

I would appreciate any help with this. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2022

Hi @Zohar Eylen

In order to create the ticket for any specific project, the user(s) should have 'Create Issues' permission.

So, you can try creating a new group and include all the users of the specific domain.  Provide the 'Create Issues' permission in the project to this new group.

Hope this helps.

Zohar Eylen December 19, 2022

Hi, thanks for your answer. 
my client has a help-desk department, with multiple agents and an always - changing list of employees that can open tickets on our Jira service management project. 

I don’t wish to create users for them, nor allow them access to the service portal - I want to allow them creating tickets via email, if their domain is @xxx.com for example. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events