Allowing Web Accessibility on the JSM portal

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Has anyone gone on the journey to see if a portal on Jira Service Management can work with a W3C WAI standard such as WCAG?

The standards mentioned above relate to making it easier for blind people to browse the JSM portal through a combination of settings and assistive devices.

In particular I'm looking for any customizations that need to be done "out-of-the-box" or using Marketplace apps.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

Have you looked at Atlassian's accessibility information?

I have been using JSM for a long time and have seen the accessibility improve dramatically.  We have a blind employee that is able to use his screen reader to navigate out of the box.  Where we have run into issues is with apps from the marketplace that we have used impacting the accessibility. 

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

This is fantastic!  Thanks, @Brant Schroeder !

My concerns for this are related to Cloud.  My client is looking to adopt JSM Cloud.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2023

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

Sorry.  I will edit my response above so it just has the cloud link.  My experience has been with both and the main thing is watching out for the apps.  

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events