Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow movement of issue without visibility of issues on receiving service project

Adam Linger June 10, 2024

We have multiple service projects set up in our environment and, as you can imagine, there are often tickets opened in the wrong project.  We want to allow users of project 1 to move an issue to project 2, however we don't want to allow the users to be able to see the existing tickets in Project 2 as it can at times hold sensitive information.  Is this possible with Jira?  The only method I've found so far is making that users a team member in project 2, however that then allows them full visibility of existing issues in the project.  Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell June 10, 2024

So - one thing I feel the need to say: If you are moving issues between projects, and you are using advanced forms, that data can be lost when you move the issue. Just want to call that out as a risk. 

So if project 2 has sensitive information, but you want folks to be able to create/move issues into it, you could use issue security levels to secure and lock down to visibility of issues after they are created (to prevent team from project 1 from seeing them). You'd want some automation to potentially auto assign security level after an issue is moved into project 2.

Adam Linger June 11, 2024

Great point about the advanced forms and data, that has been considered, and I appreciate you bringing up that point.

I will look into issue security levels, not something I had yet considered, thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events