Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow customer to choose Organization via the portal.

Kenneth Keeley November 29, 2022

We have a project setup that has multiple organizations and there are a few customers that are members of more than one organization due the the ownership of those organizations.

Currently when a customer that is a member of more than one organization creates an issue via the customer portal the organization field is not populated in the issue unlike when a cutomer of a signle organization creates an issue and it does.

First question, Is there a way to show the organization field on the customer portal when the customer is creating an issue?

Second question. Can the organization feild be filtered to only show the organizations the customer belongs to.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 answers

0 votes
Jean-Charles MICHEL January 9, 2024

@Kenneth Keeley Have you found any solution on this issue ?

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Kenneth Keeley What you are explaining should be the default behavior of your JSM project if you have organizations created and added to the customers section of the project and the request types have organization added to them.  If you are not seeing organization as a field on a request it means you are not in an organization.  You can raise a request on behalf of a user to see the organization field.  

Kenneth Keeley December 1, 2022

@Brant Schroeder Thanks for the reply. It is not me that has the issue per say as I'm the Project Admin, my team of agents and myself can all see the Organization field when we are working on issues, the problem is that when a customer that is a member of more than one Organization creates a new issue the field is not populated, and they do not get the option to choose the organization when creating the issue. I have not found a way to add the Organizations field to the request form.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Kenneth Keeley Are you using a team managed or company managed project?

Kenneth Keeley December 6, 2022

@Brant Schroeder This is a Service Management project, not sure if that is what you are referring to.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

@Kenneth Keeley Jira Service Management projects are one of two types team managed or company managed.  When you are in the project you can see what the type is in the lower left hand corner of the project.  

Kenneth Keeley December 7, 2022

@Brant Schroeder Sorry, I had not noticed that before, it's a company-managed project.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2022

@Kenneth Keeley sorry for the delay I did not notice your response in my email.  Is the individual who is submitting the request in an organization?

Kenneth Keeley December 18, 2022

@Brant Schroeder When they are only in one organization everything works fine, it is when they are a member of more than one organization that they field is not populated.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2023

@Kenneth Keeley I have not been able to recreate the issue.  I would suggest submitting a support issue to Atlassian - https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events