Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow all corporate users to email Helpdesk without creating a paid account

John O_Reilly May 3, 2022

We want all users in our global company of ~5,000 users to create a JSM ticket via email, without creating a paid user account. We have setup the internal email and it does auto-create a JSM ticket, but only for those who have a paid JSM account.

I see the guidance around selecting Allow Customers to Create Accounts, but that doesn't tell me if these are paid seats. I don't want to open it up to 5000 paid seats but we do want to field requests from these people.

Can someone confirm if selecting Allow Customers... creates paid seats?

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

@John O_Reilly -

As mentioned by @Jack Brickey , customers for your JSM projects are free.  Those users (customers) should be assigned to your JSM project's "Service Desk Customers" project role.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

John O_Reilly May 4, 2022

Thanks Joseph and Jack. I figured that was the case, just wanted confirmation

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

Hi John,

Customers in JSM project are free users. In JSM only the agents are paid  Licenses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events