Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my customers can see my other customer's issues in the Help Center. Showstopper!

Kirk January 23, 2023

Hello Community,

One way for a Client to see their issues is in the Jira Help Center.  This is great.  The problem is, if I am not mistaken, that they can also enter issues for ALL MY Clients as well as see issues of ALL MY Clients.  This is like either giving Clients NO KEY or a MASTER KEY. We are a consulting firm with many clients. (Companies).  When is this being addressed? 

It isn't a bug, it is a very bad feature.  Is anyone able to limit visibility and creatability by Client in Jira Work Management Help Center?

Sincerely,

Kirk

2 answers

0 votes
Kirk January 23, 2023

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Hello @Kirk 

What your customers can see in the Help Center depends on how you have configured it.

What Global Settings do you have for your customers? That would be found at

https://<yourURL>/jira/settings/products/jira-service-management-configuration

Only a Jira Admin will be able to access that page.

In your Service Management project, what settings do you have under Project Settings > Customer Permissions?

Only a Jira Admin or Project Admin for your Service Management project will be able to access that information.

Do you group your customers into Organizations in the Service Management project?

It is possible to configure these settings so that customers cannot share their issues with any other customer and so that customers can't see issues opened by any other customer. You can also group your customers into Organizations and give them the ability to share and see issues created by other users in the same Organization.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events