Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents can only add internal notes

Tim Rath August 12, 2022

I setup Jira Service Management. During my tets with my own account everything worked as expected. 

But when I added my colleagues as agents they could only work on tickets in terms of creating internal notes. Also the automated asignment of tickets did not work for this users. 

I invited them by going to Project Settings > People > Aadd people

After adding I assigned them to the roles, Administrator, Sercie Desk Customer and Service Desk Team.

Any idea how to fix this. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hi @Tim Rath 

Welcome to the community.

As I understood, you add people to Service Desk Team role from People tab. But do they already have agent license? Please go to Jira Settings -> User Management -> Find the user and verify that Jira Service Management access is given.

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-12 17.45.36.png

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hey @Tim Rath ,

Could you look at one of the user's profile and see if they actually have "Product Access"?

https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/how-does-product-access-work/

Seems like they are not recognized as having a JSM license/seat assigned to them

0 votes
Tim Rath August 17, 2022

Thanks for your quick responses. The reason in fact was the mising agent licences. 

Problem solved :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events