cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent only permission to view tickets in Jira

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2021

Hi, 

All our company users have jira software license,  but only various amount have Jira Service Management Agent license.

Now of these Jira softare users are actually using Jira Software, while the others are employees who just need to open a ticket via the Jira Customer Portal.

As a result, these employees who only need to open tickets via the portal and have the jira software license, can also see the service manegement tickets via the agent view. Meaning "https://xxx.atlassian.net/browse/ABC-123"

The agent view is where the agent sees all the ticket information (SLA, prioroty, custom fields, etc etc).

The issue is that these employees (aka customers) get to this view/url and don't understand why they can't comment on it. And we know the reason why, which is because they are unable to as they are not agents.

We want to disable anyone ( jira service customer or jira software user) who is not an agent to see this view. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

Hi @Meytal BM 

Only users with Service desk agent license be able to use the JSM features like SLA, queue etc.

These other Jira s/w licensed users would behave as collaborators - (see : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-user-types-and-roles/ )

You can simply update the jsm project's roles and permission to have access only to the service desk team and no one else directly.

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2021

thanks @Fazila Ashraf and @Joshua Sneed Contegix  , yeah that I can do. 

Yet which part in the Permission Scheme is the Agent "View" I need to remove that permission for Jira software users/customers? How is it called?

Looking at the Permission Scheme doesn't exactly seperate the Agent "View" issues area. There is Browse Project, but that is for the Custom Portal which is a must.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

@Meytal BM , like mentioned earlier, only users with agent license can see the agent related features like queues..

If you do not want other users to see your tickets, just look at the 'Browse issues' permissions and add only the 'Service desk agents' role there and manage that role's users in your project only to certain people.

In case you further need assistance, do share the screenshot of your browse issues section of the permission scheme

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2021

@Faz  @Joshua Sneed Contegix  If i remove the Customers from Browse Projects, they wont be able to see the Project itself in the Customer Portal.

Basically I want to give the ability for the Customer to Browse Project in the Customer Portal, but not to view the actual issue in the Issue View (as the agents) see it. At the moment, since they can Browse Project, they also see our Agent's Internal Notes in the Issue View, in which I don't want them to. However, I want them to be able to open requests in the customer portal. Just seems like they two MUST live together under the permissions scheme.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2021

Hi Meytal,

I believe you are mistaken and correct. You are correct in that the "Customer" user set needs to be granted browse, but they are able to see the agent view because they are in another user set that is granted the browse permission. Remvoe the users from this second set or remove the second set from the permission scheme. Cheers!

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2021

Hi Meytal,
Yes, modify the JSM project's Permission Scheme to exclude those user sets from the Browse Project (and other) permission/s. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events