Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the issue is resolved in JSM

ks_hyeon June 3, 2022

After the issue is resolved in JSM and the completion email is sent to the customer, can't it be registered as a new issue when the customer makes an additional request? Currently, it seems to be added in connection with the issue and not created in the queue.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hi @ks_hyeon ,

if customer interacts with jira thorugh email, when he replies to a notifiction email, that content will be added to the same ticket as comment. This behaviour is due to the subject of the customer email that contains a valid issue key. If the customer send a new email with a subject withouth an issue key, a new ticket will be automatically created on Jira.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

ks_hyeon June 3, 2022

understand. Thank you very much for the quick reply.

0 votes
Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

Hi Hyeon!

I think you should use an automation to make the comment on the issue resolved to be used to create a new ticket.

Maybe something like this:

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 10.53.22.png

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alberto

ks_hyeon June 3, 2022

Thank you for answer.
I'll give it a try.

ks_hyeon June 8, 2022

Dear Alberto,

I tested it according to your guide. However, as a new issue, it does not appear in the queue and runs as a comment on an existing issue.
Do I need to increment the issue key in the image above?
Copy of {{issue.key+1}} ? like this?

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

Hi Hyeon,

That automation should create a new ticket. Can you please take a screenshot of the log? So we can find out if there is an error or something else.

Best,
Alberto

Like Alessandro Lombardo likes this
ks_hyeon June 9, 2022

Dear Alberto,

I added the autorule exactly as you guided.
However, when an e-mail arrives with additional content in the already resolved issue e-mail, it is run in the form of a comment on the existing issue. In this case, we want to see it in the queue as a new issue.

Please help~

image.png

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2022

Hi Hyeon,

this is very strange because the action is exactly "create a new issue".

You should check if the automation actor has the permission to create issues in that project.

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 09.31.58.png

Can you please paste a screenshot of the audit log of that automation? You can find it under the "rule details" section.

Best,
Alberto

Like ks_hyeon likes this
ks_hyeon June 10, 2022

image.pngActor is set to Jira.

Audit Log

I'll check the audit log after testing it.
thanks

image.png

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2022

Hi Hyeon,

ok, please accept my solution if it's useful.

Thank you!

Alberto

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events