Affected services

Aleksandr Ganiyev January 8, 2022

Hello,
How i can add relevant names of our services to field "Affected Services" because when i press on field "Affected Services" in the ticket, there is not drop down show anything of our services

4 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

You will need to talk to your administrators, they can add items to fields for you to select from

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2022

@Aleksandr Ganiyev ,

the build in ‘affected services’ field is connected to the service registry. 

How these are managed can be found here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-services/

Aleksandr Ganiyev January 8, 2022

Thanks for response i will check information by the link

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-services/

[Inetum] January 18, 2022

I would like to understand how is the Atlassian way when using the "Services" feature in a large corporation, for example in a public administration, where there can be hundreds of services in the type of web applications, mobile apps, Wi-Fi infrastructure, etc. to the citizen or internal.

When to configure it in "Services" and when not, so that the user can be given the option of selecting an Affected Service in the portal but in a measured way, without showing 500 or more available services.

Like # people like this
Patrick Haley January 17, 2022

You can also configure and add Affected Services in Opsgenie, which will display them in all other Atlassian products. Keep in mind that this field can only be used by users, so you shouldn't add it to request types or customers will not be able to complete the form. 

Aleksandr Ganiyev January 17, 2022

Hi @Patrick Haley 

Thanks for response and thanks for advice, i will take it into consideration.

Yuly Buenahora October 27, 2022

Hi @Patrick Haley how can I add Affected Services in Opsgenie? we are working on an incident management process using Opsgenie and JSM, but we haven`t been able to create the Incident ticket from Opsgenie including the Affected Service... can you help us a little bit with so guidance please?

Patrick Haley October 27, 2022

@Yuly Buenahora there's a Services menu at the top of Opsgenie to you can go to https://yourdomain.app.opsgenie.com/service/list. Services added there are visible in your JSM projects with the Incidents feature enabled. 

From JSM go to Project Settings > Features. Enable both "Incidents" and "Services". Then you'll see Services in the left side menu of JSM, a link to Opsgenie Incidents in the Incidents submenu in JSM. Also, your JSM issues will have a couple of different ways to add them to Opsgenie including a toggle to make it a "Major incident". 

Yuly Buenahora November 1, 2022

Hi @Patrick Haley thank you for your answer. 

One question: When you said "your JSM issues will have a couple of different ways to add them to Opsgenie including a toggle to make it a "Major incident" 

Do you mean to add your incident as Alarms? or Opsgenie incident?

We used the "Major incident" toggle but nothing happend in Opsgenie... do we have to configure something more?

thanks for your guidance! 

Patrick Haley November 1, 2022

Yea I meant I create these as Alerts. Then from there we might decide to create an incident from it. One thing I haven't looked into is if it's possible to add an Automation to create an Incident when the Major Incident toggle is selected. 

Yuly Buenahora November 1, 2022

ah ok, good idea... so far looks like the toggle is just to be used in a filter or queue. :-(

We have one problem so far... when we create the alert from the incident, the alert has the incident linked, but the incident doesn't have the linked alert... do you have an idea of what could we do to have that alert linked to the incident? :-)

crouhana June 7, 2022

I followed this. However, the services field only shows if the customer is signed in to Atlassian. How can i change that?

I need to make the services field required. And if required + not showing up, JSM is crashing :) 

Patrick Haley June 13, 2022

The Affected Services field is only available to Agent (paid users). You'll need to remove it from your forms for Customers (free users) to be able to submit the form because they won't be able to see it and it will stop the submission process.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events