Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Compare Comment Author belongs to Approval Group

Tony Landowski May 22, 2023

I am looking to see if anyone has or might know how to do an automation advance compare to see it the comment author belongs to the approval group.  

I have created a process that bring in emails from our approvers and based on their response Approve or Decline the right action is performed.  We use Approval groups and I like to ensure that the comment was made from someone from the group.  Has someone created this rule?

1 answer

1 vote
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hey, @Tony Landowski 

Why don't you just use a User Condition?

You can use a User Condition
- Define 'User who triggered event'
- Is in group
- Select the group

If this doesn't work for you, let us know so we can review it.

Regards,

Fernando

Tony Landowski May 22, 2023

Fernando,

thank you.  This works for a single request with a single group.  But, I am using multiple requests and multiple groups.  So instead of creating automation rules for each variable, I was hoping to create one rule that will perform the lookup.  Any thoughts?

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

@Tony Landowski 

I don't know if I understood correctly.

But if you need to compare several groups you can put them in the same condition or you can also use the same automation rule and compare with IF/ELSE blocks.

Hope this helps

Tony Landowski May 24, 2023

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva,

regardless of the dynamic approach, I am trying to execute based on your suggestion.  But, the system is not finding a match.  Here is how I have things set up.  Any Thoughts?

setup.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events