Adjust time zone from custom field in an email automation

Alex S January 12, 2022

Hi all,

Currently using Jira SM, and we have an automation setup to send an email to a team of people with ticket details including the custom field for a time/date ETR (separate from the SLA). 

Here is what I have for the smart value: {{issue.customfield_10334.shortDateTime}}'

Our team is in EST and the time entered into the ticket is the same, but Jira default is UTC. When the email shoots off, the date/time converts to UTC. How can I adjust this smart value to have the email reflect EST?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2022

Hello @Alex S ,

Thanks for reaching out and as a reference point to the smart values below I recommend checking out the Documentation for "Jira smart values - date and time".

Using the smartvalue {{[date].convertToTimeZone([timezone])}} should do the trick for setting an eastern timezone (ETC) and then setting the short date time format as the follow up action, noting:

{{[date].convertToTimeZone([timezone])}}

Takes a given time, and converts it to the time in the given time zone. You can find valid inputs for timezones here (see Canonical ID column).

Use the following smart value for your use case:

{{issue.customfield_10334.convertToTimeZone("America/New_York").shortDateTime}}

Regards,
Earl

Alex S January 13, 2022

That worked thanks! I tried to use that smart value, but I guess I wasn't stringing it together correctly.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Jignesh Jaiswal November 22, 2023

really helpful, thanks. 

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events