Additional Tagging Abilities for Agent and Customers

mike.cammorata July 2, 2021

Hello!

Couple requests revolving around being able to tag.

1. Requesting the ability to be able for Agents to tag participants who have not Reported the issue or commented on the issue (we currently have the ability to tag external customers who have reported or commented on the ticket).

3. Requesting the ability to for Participants/Shared With/Customers to tag each other or Agents within the same ticket. They currently cannot tag at all in any circumstance.

Thank you!
Mike 

Tagging Chase Wilson who I met with today and he recommended I tag John as well. @John Funk @Chase Wilson 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hello @mike.cammorata,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When it comes to mentioning, it’s only possible to mention customers that have permission to the ticket. 

For a customer to be able to view a ticket and receive notifications, they need to be the reporter, participant, or member of the organization the ticket was shared with. With this said, even if it was possible to mention customers not related to the ticket, they wouldn’t have permission to view it.

Regarding your second question, currently, the editor on the customer portal doesn’t allow mentions, so it’s expected that customers can’t mention other customers or agents. There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product team.

Kind regards,
Angélica

mike.cammorata July 6, 2021

Thank you @Angélica Luz I've voted it up and added comment. This would help what we are trying to achieve greatly.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Thanks @Angélica Luz for getting this answered. I have been out of the office for the holiday until today. 

mike.cammorata July 6, 2021

I spoke with @Chase Wilson over Zoom last week and he mentioned he'd get this going with @John Funk

How many votes do we need to get this rolling? @Angélica Luz Also even when customers have permission to ticket they are unable to be tagged. Customers receive notis fine it's really the tagging. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi Mike,

There are some factors that our product managers and developers take into consideration to implement new features. For more information, please check our policy:

Regarding the agents being unable to tag customers, it can be related to permissions.

Please, go to Cog icon > System > Global permissions and confirm if the group jira-servicedesk-users (or any other group that agents are members of) have the “Browse users and groups” permission.

Also, check on Project settings > Customer permissions (company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions (team-managed) if the Customer sharing is set to “Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations”.

mike.cammorata July 7, 2021

Yes both these settings have been on. The agents are only not able to tag Customers that have been added to the "Shared with" field or the "Request Participants" field. It's only when they've left a comment they can be tagged by only Agents. Thank you @Angélica Luz for the continued support.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2021

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the details.

This is actually expected, agents can only mention other agents or the customers that are active in the ticket, so once they make a comment they are “eligible” to be mentioned.

There is also a feature suggesting to change that:

mike.cammorata July 8, 2021

Oh great. Glad that it's rolling already. I've added my vote and comment, almost at 500 votes! 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events