Adding variables to activity stream

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hey there, how do i add a simple variable for a current user into the activity stream? Is there a list of variables that work with filters somewhere?

In sharepoint, i would use something similar to [me] as the variable. i am trying to edit the default dashboard to filter the activity stream by the logged in user. Seems to me a simple thing, but maybe i am missing something. Its probably just a list of the correct variable syntax. Otherwise it seems to me that it just shows all activity from the site, even for service requests that are not necessarily involving the user. I dont see how thats useful at all.

filters.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriel Senna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the feature to use a variable in the activity stream gadget is not implemented yet.

However, there is a open feature request, for this to be implemented.

You can access it here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/STRM-12

Please, I recommend you to add yourself as watcher and to vote in the ticket. This way, it will gain visibility to our developers.

If you have further doubts regarding to our policy of new feature, you can access the below link.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

You would need to still use the username to show the activity.

Sorry for the impact this lack of feature causes in your work.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

ok thanks. would be nice to have some variables to use, but i worked around the issue and just dont use the dashboard.

0 votes
Meenakshi Mittal October 29, 2019

I am looking for this feature.  

Please suggest by when it can be implemented.

Also where can i see the latest features added in jira? release notes?

Meenakshi Mittal October 29, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events