cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding users to Admin Groups by custom field value

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

So I want to set up automation from JSM request. I would be using a select list (cascading) and based on the last value. Then use that value to equal a Jira Group in Administration Users & Groups. In which it would then add a user to the group defined in the value. 

Is this possible and if so which tool would work? Powerscript or Scriptrunner? Maybe Jira automation? I have not found where Jira automation can do anything like this but maybe I am missing something. It would be nice if it could do that much. 

Just looking for guidance to see if this is possible without building an REST API to do so.I think it might be able to be done with JiraPS I just have had time to build a script to do so. 
Whats the best tool and is it possible? 

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi Aaron,

I can confirm that unfortantetly inside of Jira Cloud that it is not possible to achieve your requirement using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud due to the fact that the rest API for adding users to a group which Atlassian provide is marked as Connect apps cannot access this REST resource and this means that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud will not be able to use this to add users to the required group.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2022

Is there any way toake this work in Jira Cloud or just not available. I was trying to use JiraPS for this but this is not working there either. 

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately in the cloud for apps, it is not available and this is a limitation imposed by Atlassian so there is no way to work around this.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events