Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding tasks by mail does not work

Pawel Mes January 13, 2023

Good Morning,

We have problems with receiving tasks from service desk email.

Everything was working until 20.10.2022.
JIRA Service Desk 3.5.1, JIRA Software 7.3.7, JIRA Core 7.3.7

I don't know about any changes on server and config, so I'm wondering what happened.

I found place to enter email, log in and password (it works in browser) but I have information "Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what mail server said: "AUTHENTICATE failed." Check out our troubleshooting docs for help to resolve the issue.

Our email is in office365, I can log in to that mailbox, so credentials are working. I tried fix it on our side but I'm wondering If you can help me.

2 answers

0 votes
Pawel Mes January 15, 2023

Good Morning, We are not using 2FA in Jira and Office 365 (on selected functional mailbox).

I checked mailbox once again and I was able to login without any additional authorization.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2023

@Pawel Mes  Are you using Oauth 2.0 to authenticate?  If you are using basic auth that is most likely the issue.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events