Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding request participant automatically

Sukanya KM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

Whenever a particular service request is created, I need to add a participant to that ticket automatically in the request participant field.

2 answers

2 votes
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Hi @Sukanya KM and welcome!

You can use an automation rule like the following to achieve this:

SCR-20240423-sbux.png 

Just replace the condition in the middle with your request type and add the participants you need in the "Edit issue fields" action.

Please keep in mind that a request participant must be a service project customer, so you may need to add the customer first in the automation rule by using a separate action.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Charlotte Santos -Appfire-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2024

Hi @Sukanya KM 

I’m Charlotte, a support engineer at Appfire and I’m here to help you.

I come with an alternative in case you don't want to do this by using automation because, for example, you don't want to exceed your monthly execution limit.

In the app where my team works, Power Scripts for Jira,  you can add a Power Scripts SIL Post Function in the workflow that will add a specific person as request participants as soon as the issue is created.

If you’re interested, please check this video tutorial that explains the step-by-step on how to do that: Add users automatically as Request Participants 

Instead of using the script below like in the document:

customfield_10301 = assignee;

In you case, I advise using it with the user ID:

customfield_10301 = "6388d61f489de2f7f466a638";

Just remember to substitute the custom field id for the one from your instance and the user id for the user you want to be added as participant.

This is only one of the many functions Power Scripts offers, so, please feel free to contact our support if you have any questions about the steps on the video tutorial or about the app in general.

We’ll be happy to help you! 😉

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events