Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding project users to multiple roles

James Bylett July 25, 2022

Wondering if anyone can help me figure something out, I'm trialling JSM and have figured out that the simplest way to make sure internal users get notifications for tickets raised, updated etc. would be to simply add them to the 'Notifications' role, as the default notifications scheme seems perfectly fine, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add myself, as a project administrator, to that role for testing purposes.

If I add another user as, for example, a service desk user, I can then add them to the notifications role as well (albeit it's not very intuitive, simply ticking the box in the role drop-down results in an error, I have to use the add people button and add them again to add the other role), but the same doesn't work for me. Is it simply not possible for an Administrator to be added to an additional role, or have I missed something?

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @James Bylett welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you want a user to receive a notification when a ticket is raised, you'll need to add them to the Issue Created event in the notification scheme.

By default, the following users are added:

• Current Assignee
  • Reporter
  • All Watchers

You can add:

• Project Lead
  • Component Lead
  • Single User
  • Group
  • Project Role (either create a new project role or add your user to an existing project role)
  • Single Email Address
  • User Custom Field Value
  • Group Custom Field Value

Please not that the users in the project role at least need the Browse Projects permission in order to see the issue.

James Bylett July 26, 2022

Thank you for the response, I'm aware I can amend the notification scheme this way, but we have a 'notifications' role in the scheme as default so I was trying to utilise that by adding it to project members rather than editing the scheme itself, can you confirm how I would add another role to myself as an administrator of the project or is that not possible?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

You can add a user/group as default member to a project role, in your case the 'notifications' project role of the permission scheme (If I understand you correctly).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events